InformationWeek’s Top 10 robots that could change healthcare
The top 10 robots that could change healthcare, as selected by InformationWeek included the following:
- Mobile remote-presence robots by Giraff, Anybots and InTouch Health for critical and remote care consultations and communication.
- Mobile platforms by Aethon, iRobot and Swisslog for various hospital applications from hauling laundry to distributing pills.
- Therapy bots by AnthroTronix and others to help with autistic children, stroke victims and other disabled people that need interactive therapy.
- Feeding bots by Bestic. This is one of two Swedish-supported companies mentioned in the article (Giraff being the other) which strategically solve serious in-country needs with robotic solutions.
- And futuristic microbots that steer through the body by various means to distribute medicines, provide information and remove plaque – from leading universities around the world.
Curiously omitted are minimally invasive surgical augmentation robots like the new single-port Intuitive Surgical da Vinci robot.