Pure science is an integral part of robotics and often leads to solutions for strategic needs for an audience of willing buyers. Here are a few examples of that process from companies with products scheduled to hit the marketplace in the next four years.
- Servicing ornamental horticulture market ($35 billion industry)
- Focused on nurseries and greenhouses and their continual need to move potted plants
- Each robot to produce 10,000 hours of production and do the work of one laborer
- Will be in field beta testing in 2012; full rollout of commercial product in 2013
- This year’s field testing quite successful
- More than 10 prospective nursery clients signed on to be test sites and contributed to the development process
- Fully venture funded until 2015 projected profitability