Herman Bruyninckx on “If you had a EUR 100M investment fund, into which robotics technology or field of robotics would you put your money?”
January 15, 2013
A project that would:
- represent human knowledge about manufacturing in an ontology server;
- focus on system integration software and hardware issues;
- develop affordance-driven system and component design;
- make students aware of the dead-end future of the current wave of “Sense-Plan-Act” software development;
- lobby with academic decision makers to throw away the “publish or perish” system, and replace it by direct peer review (that is, the technology exists to just ask all roboticists to score their peers, with a limited budget of points to distribute).
We pose timely questions of importance to the robotics community and ask our panel of experts to answer.