Video: Panel discussion celebrating 10 years of the Mars Exploration Rover
Tuesday, Jan. 7, 10:30AM – 12PM Eastern Time: NASA and the Smithsonian team up to facilitate two panel discussions on Mars robotic and human missions. Held in NASM’s Moving Beyond Earth gallery, participants will discuss the MER program and its scientific successes. Participants also will provide updates on the agency’s activities to advance a human mission to Mars in the 2030s.
Panel I: Moderator – Pamela Conrad, Curiosity rover scientist, NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Md.
- John Grant
- Steven Squyres
- David Lavery, program executive, Solar System Exploration, NASA HQ
Panel II: Moderator – James Green, director, Planetary Science, NASA HQ
- John Grunsfeld, astronaut and associate administrator, Science Mission Directorate, NASA HQ
- Mary Voytek, director, Astrobiology, NASA HQ
- John Connolly, acting Chief Exploration Scientist, NASA HQ
- Alyssa Carson, NASA Passport Winner and student from Baton Rouge, LA.
Ask questions via Twitter using the hashtag #10YrsOnMars and #MER10.