Talking Machines: Women in Machine Learning (WiML), with Hanna Wallach
In episode four we talk with Hanna Wallach, of Microsoft Research. She’s also a professor in the Department of Computer Science, University of Massachusetts Amherst and one of the founders of Women in Machine Learning (better known as WiML). We take a listener question about scalability and the size of data sets. And Ryan takes us through topic modeling using Latent Dirichlet allocation (say that five times fast).
If you liked this podcast, you may also be interested in:
- 25 women in robotics you need to know about (2014)
- 25 women in robotics you need to know about (2013)
- Women in engineering at IROS 2014
- Microsoft layoffs claims Robotics Research team over the weekend
- Microsoft pays 5M CHF to ETHZ and EPFL for research on flying robots and new memory architectures