Reader poll: How would you like to interface with your autonomous car?
We interact with gadgets and devices everyday … some have blinking lights, some play sounds, and some can even decipher our voice commands. When it comes to interfacing with a device as exciting and complicated as an autonomous car, we will need to do so on many levels. We will want to set our destination, surely, or perhaps set a maximum speed. Or we might wish to be alerted if the car must pull into a gas station to refuel in the middle of a trip, or if we will soon be passing a rest area.
How would you want to interface with an autonomous car? Let us know in our reader poll below.
If you liked this article, you may also be interested in:
- If death by autonomous car is unavoidable, who should die? Reader poll results
- Should autonomous cars be allowed to speed? Results from our reader poll
- Kids with wheels: Should the unlicensed be allowed to ‘drive’ autonomous cars?
- What should a robot do? Designing robots that know right from wrong
- Morgan Stanley reports on the economic benefits of driverless cars