Reader Poll: Should autonomous cars be allowed to speed?
We conducted two polls last month in collaboration with the Open Roboethics initiative to get a sense of what people think about autonomous cars. Our polls started some interesting discussions around the topic of the emerging technology.
To go a step further, we’d like to poke around the topic from a different angle: How strictly should autonomous cars adhere to traffic laws? Many of us know that speed limits are there for a reason, and many of us go just a tad bit (or a lot, for some) above it. If an autonomous car gets a speeding ticket, who should be paying for it? Let us know what you think by taking the poll below.
If you liked this article, you may also be interested in:
- Kids with wheels: Should the unlicensed be allowed to ‘drive’ autonomous cars?
- What do people think about autonomous cars? Results from our reader poll
- What should a robot do? Designing robots that know right from wrong
- Morgan Stanley reports on the economic benefits of driverless cars
- The autonomous driving r/evolution: Call to contribute to Robohub Focus