Reader poll: Should the unlicensed be allowed to ‘drive’ an autonomous car?
Of the many benefits that may come out of having autonomous cars on the road, one of the main advantages could be that those who are not licensed to drive a car will be able to get around more conveniently. But how comfortable are you with the idea of unlicensed persons as the only passengers in an autonomous car? Would you feel comfortable letting your eight-year-old daughter ride an autonomous car alone to get to school? How about those who are legally blind?
Let us know what you think by taking the readers’ survey below.
If you liked this article, you may also be interested in:
- What do people think about autonomous cars? Results from our reader poll
- What should a robot do? Designing robots that know right from wrong
- 5 areas in robotics that will transform society and their economic impact
- Human error as a cause of vehicle crashes
- What does the UK public think about robots? Sciencewise wants to know