Podcasts are the new blogs
Most of us are familiar with the podcasts about robotics from the Robots Podcast group. For different perspectives, from the funder’s point of view, here’s a list of podcasts from the VC’s that fund robotics and technology ventures — funders like Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, Greylock Partners and Y Combinator.
Venture Capitalist POVs
Erin Griffith said: “It’s starting to seem like every firm wants to be in the literal ears of entrepreneurs.” She compiled this list for her Fortune Term Sheet column. After listening to a few different podcasts, I found it an entertaining, informative and fascinating way to get insight into VC thinking.
- a16z podcast by Andreessen Horowitz
- The Riff by Box Group‘s David Tisch and Union Square Ventures‘ Andy Wiessman
- Traction by NextView Ventures
- Collective Wisdom for Tech Startups by Founder Collective
- Startup School Radio by Y Combinator
- Ventured by Kleiner Perkins
- The Balderton Podcast by Balderton Capital
- Notion Capital, by Notion Capital
- Venture Perspectives by Scale Venture Partners
- Origins by Notation Capital
- Lead by Menlo Ventures
- Greymatter by Greylock Partners
- Bothsides TV by Upfront Ventures
- The Full Rachet by Nick Moran of New Stack Ventures
- The Bootstrapped VC by Backstage Capital
- Human Proof of Concept by Janelle Anderson of CTI Life Sciences
- Acquired by David Rosenthal of Madrona Ventures
- Masters of Scale by Reid Hoffman
Robotics Focused Podcasts
The Robots podcast is run by Robohub and creates bi-weekly interviews with leaders in the field. Robohub is a non-profit independent organization run by volunteers. To date, the podcast team has produced 232 podcasts. Robots is available via Soundcloud, Apple iTunes and all other major podcast servers.