Talking Machines: Machine learning in healthcare and the AlphaGo matches
In episode five of season two, Ryan walks us through variational inference. We put some listener questions about Go and how to play it to Andy Okun, president of the American Go Association (who is in Seoul, South Korea, watching the Lee Sedol/AlphaGo games). Plus, we hear from Suchi Saria of Johns Hopkins about applying machine learning to understanding health care data.
If you like this podcast, you may also be interested in:
- Talking Machines: AI safety and the legacy of Bletchley Park, with Nick Patterson
- Talking Machines: Robotics and machine learning music videos, with Michael Littman
- Talking Machines: Women in Machine Learning, with Hanna Wallach
- Talking Machines: Gaussian processes and OpenAI, with IIya Sutskever
- Talking Machines: Real human actions and Women in Machine Learning (WiML), with Jenn Wortman Vaughan