Video: Qualcomm demos Snapdragon Flight for smaller, lighter camera drones
The Snapdragon Flight developer platform had its first public demo today at Qualcomm’s Robotics Accelerator event, Techstars Demo Day. Designed specifically for the consumer drone market, Snapdragon Flight provides 4K Ultra HD video, computer vision, communication, navigatrion and real-time flight assistance, engineered with reduced weight, size and power consumption for use on small drones. In a video shot on Demo Day you can see the drone stabilizing against strong gusts of wind from a leaf blower.
(video courtesy Andra Keay)
An in-depth article on FastCompany says that Snapdragon Flight’s first customer is DJI’s Chinese rival Yuneec; and in a post at DIYdrones, Chris Anderson mentions that this new platform will ship with PX4/Dronecode, and that Qualcomm is an investor in 3DR.
If you liked this post you may also be interested in:
- Qualcomm Robotics Accelerator announces first startups
- Qualcomm acquires KMel Robotics
- Corporations and governments stimulating robotics and AI development
- Fotokite PhI: Interview with Segei Lupashin
- Competition heats up for consumer-friendly aerial photography drones
- Price wars: Counting the cost of drones, planes and satellites
- Tiny 4K Z camera could be the perfect drone partner