On the 15th November 2016, the IEEE’s AI and Ethics Summit posed the question: “Who does the thinking?” In a series of key-note speeches and lively panel discussions, leading technologists, legal thinkers, philosophers, social scientists, manufacturers and policy makers considered such issues as:
- The social, technological and philosophical questions orbiting AI.
- Proposals to program ethical algorithms with human values to machines.
- The social implications of the applications of AI.
Click here to read the final report, and enjoy a selection of videos from the conference below.
Closing Remarks: John C. Havens
You might also enjoy the following articles about AI and AI/robotics policy:
- MIT Media Lab to participate in $27 million initiative on AI ethics and governance
- How artificial intelligence is changing our Christmas shop
- White House report: Artificial intelligence, automation, and the economy
- White House launches public workshops on AI issues
- White House releases reports focusing on opportunities and challenges of AI