The Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at the University of Zurich, organizer of the ShanghAI Lectures, celebrates its 25th anniversary with a big robot festival on 8 and 9 March 2013 in Zurich.
Robots on Tour, 9 March 2013
From 9:00 until 20:00, “Puls 5” in Zurich will be hustling and bustling with dozens of robots: Armar, Baxter, Geminoid, iCub, Nao, and many more (also from Hollywood movies) have confirmed their attendance. Some of the attractions (see program):
- Cornell Ranger will attempt to break its previous world record and walk more than 65.2km on a single battery charge
- Davide Scaramuzza’s flying Quadrocopters
- Robot soccer: Nao Devils vs. Hamburg Bit-Bots
- Theater featuring Roboy, the AI Lab’s newest humanoid robot
- Swiss Artists-in-Labs special with European premiere of the movie “archipelago.ch” by Adrianne Wortzel and Daniel Bisig
This is a public event, get your tickets here.
Science Café — Robots & Cyborgs @ Sphères, 8 March 2013
On 8 March a scientific symposium takes place from 9:00 until 17:00 at “Science Café Sphères”, featuring Rodney Brooks, Giorgio Metta, Masayuki Inaba, Rüdiger Dillmann, Hiroshi Kobayashi, and many more (see program).
tags: Algorithm AI-Cognition
, human-robot interaction
Co-organizing the ShanghAI Lectures since 2009.